This is a guide to publishers covering the following topics:
- Setting up your publisher and subscription account
- Uploading and managing Contents, including
- Public & Private Video
- Organizing Contents into Folders
- Protecting Contents behind paywall
- Analyzing data
Let’s get started.
Please read and agree to the Content Agreement before you begin. Your revenue sharing and monthly subscription fee depends on the chosen Publisher Type.
To start, please sign up for a free Shumanji Preview membership. Choose a username that represents your business. You will use this account to manage your contents.For subsequent discussions, we will refer to this username as yourco.
- Publisher Name
- Descriptions of what you are offering
- An attractive featured image
- Membership subscription package, i.e. membership price that users will pay to access your contents, and the duration of the membership before renewal is required.
- All your contents will appear under the sub-directory https://shumanji.com/content/yourco. For example, the URL of a content with slug-name “my-great-content” will be https://shumanji.com/content/yourco/my-great-content/
- A special file-tag, pub-yourco, will be created. You will use this to protect contents behind the paywall. More about this later.
- Title. The title of this content.
- Excerpt. Summary of this content. Excerpt will appear to non-paying users.
- Body. The main body of the content, which may consist of text, images, public embed video (eg. YouTube) and audio (mp3, m4a, wav, wma).
- Featured Image. Please choose and upload a picture that best represents this Content. You may use the same image for dFlip Book below if you wish.
- Publisher. This must be set to your Publisher account.
- Folder. The folder that this Content falls under.
- dFlip. The ID of dFlip Book created from PDF, if any. dFlip converts any PDF to attractive flip book that your users may read on screen.
- Vimeo. ID of private Vimeo video (eg. 123456789). You will need to sign up for a paid Vimeo account if you want your videos to only be accessible via the Shumanji platform to paying members. Configure the privacy settings for your video as follows:
- Shop URL. This will appear under the Flip Book. If you want to offer physical item (eg. book) for sale related to this Flip Book, you can use this field to specify the URL of any web page.
- Status. Choose either Published or Draft. Content in Draft status will not be visible to your users.
- Visibility. Please leave this as Public.
- Published On / Scheduled. You can schedule your Content to appear at a preset time.
- Tags. Please use this to identify specific author(s), if any, of your Content. For example, if you set this as “David Marshall”, it will help users to find other contents related to this author throughout Shumanji.
For any Content that you wish to protect behind the paywall, you must specify File Tag as pub-yourco (replace “yourco” with your username).
If you wish to leave any Content unprotected, i.e. perhaps using it as a teaser to attract new members, you may leave this field empty.